ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
HOURS OF WORK: Fulltime
COMPENSATION PER HOUR: Compensation commensurate with experience
TEMPORARY TO FULL-TIME ASSIGNMENT: This opportunity is associated with a specific project anticipated to occur between August 2021 – December 2021. An opportunity may exist to extend this role beyond the anticipated timing, pending a discussion with the consultant and the company.
DeYoung Consulting Services, LLC seeks an experienced organizational development consultant for an exciting new opportunity with our team. Work at the nexus where Operational Excellence and Cross-Cultural Proficiency meet as you help clients enhance their operating outcomes while improving employee experiences and workplace equity.
You can make a positive and lasting difference to those we serve.
We invite you to apply if you:
- Share our belief in working collaboratively, professionally and with high standards,
- Like keeping an eye on the big picture while balancing details and multiple competing priorities,
- Operate from a principle of treating others with integrity and respect, and
- Bring experience leading organizational development and change leadership initiatives within the context of building sustainable cultures that promote operational excellence, inclusiveness, diversity and equity.
WHAT WE DO
Founded in 1996, DeYoung Consulting Services, LLC is a Minnesota-based organizational development, training, and performance improvement firm that serves nonprofit, public, and educational, institutions. We use collaborative processes that help our clients achieve their desired outcomes. By working with organizations to enhance their processes and programs, we help our clients reach those outcomes.
Certified as a small business enterprise, a woman-owned business enterprise, and a minority-owned business enterprise, DeYoung Consulting Services has many years of experience in strategic planning, facilitation, and qualitative research.
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
With 25 years of experience in the public and nonprofit sectors, DeYoung Consulting Services helps their clients think beyond traditional, mainstream models of leadership and partnership, a move that allows leaders from all levels of an organization to participate fully and influence internal and external organizational practices. Our team includes seasoned professionals from diverse backgrounds with a passion for collaboration, workplace excellence and inclusion.
Collaborate with project team members to research and understand client objectives, conduct baseline operational and cultural equity assessments, review and summarize findings, test assumptions, develop and present recommendations, and participate in follow-up work to help the client achieve its goals. Openly share and discuss project status, ideas, concerns, alternatives, pros and cons, and other considerations. Act in alignment with DYCS’s Organizational Values.
- Plan and co-facilitate client meetings throughout multiple project phases including meeting preparation and development of agendas, presentations, interview scripts, summaries, or other materials.
- Collaborate with client and project team members to review and document project objectives, scope, deliverables, resource needs, and timing.
- Lead and participate in conducting, documenting and summarizing baseline assessments of working conditions and employee experiences using tools such as documentation and process review, employee surveys, individual or group interviews, focus groups, and other methods.
- Organize and compile findings by subject and theme; summarize, develop for presentation and present findings using a concise and professional format
- Openly discuss perceptions or concerns about organizational dynamics that may impact project outcomes such as educational needs, conflicts, behaviors of leaders and influencers, power systems, potential road-blocks, barriers to change and other factors; work with the team to develop constructive communication and change strategies.
- Research and apply knowledge of organizational development, change leadership, and diversity/inclusion principles and best practices to develop and recommend strategies to help the client advance toward its objectives.
- Present findings, alternative solutions and recommendations while demonstrating respect for current state and sensitivity for all individuals involved.
- Develop and deliver educational content consistent with helping the client move toward and achieve its objectives.
- Act in alignment with and promote DeYoung Consulting Services’ organizational values.
- Represent DeYoung Consulting Services positively and professionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, organizational development, sociology, psychology or related field; or bachelor’s degree in another field with comparable study or certification.
- Three years’ experience internal or external consulting experience leading organizational change strategy, planning and implementation initiatives.
- Three years’ experience working with diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies, concepts and methods including meeting facilitation, data and metrics, communications, leadership, curriculum development and training.
- Other experience:
- Working with and interacting comfortably and competently with people from diverse racial, social, economic, educational and religious backgrounds.
- Working on multiple projects and balancing priorities with a focus on delivering high quality and timely results.
- Applying interpersonal communication skills to collaborate with others, lead teams, and constructively navigate high pressure situations.
- Using written, oral, and presentation communication forms to effectively communicate complex and/or difficult topics to others.
- Familiar with or experience using common pc applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Zoom Video Conference, Asana, DropBox
- Advanced Degree in human resources, organizational development, sociology, psychology or related field.
- Five years’ experience internal or external consulting experience leading organizational change strategy, planning and implementation initiatives.
- Certification in an approved methodology for change management or design.
This description covers the primary purpose and principle duties of the role. It is not intended to provide all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task in performed.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
You will be joining a professional team of respected, competent and highly engaging leaders whose goal is to provide organizations with the insights they need to impact the systems, communities and environments in which they work. You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself; we do not micromanage. We are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and references to Amy Snetting at email@example.com using the subject line: DYCS Organizational Development Consultant Resume
Only candidates who fit our hiring criteria will be contacted for an in-person interview.
CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY PRIOR TO CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 4, 2021.