ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
HOURS OF WORK: Fulltime
COMPENSATION PER HOUR: Compensation commensurate with experience
DeYoung Consulting Services, LLC seeks an experienced organizational development consultant for an exciting new opportunity with our team. Work at the nexus where Operational Excellence and Cross-Cultural Proficiency meet as you help clients enhance their operating outcomes while improving employee experiences and workplace equity.
You can make a positive and lasting difference to those we serve.
We invite you to apply if you:
- Share our belief in working collaboratively, professionally, and with high standards,
- Like keeping an eye on the big picture while balancing details and multiple competing priorities,
- Operate from a principle of treating others with integrity and respect, and
- Bring experience leading organizational development and change leadership initiatives within the context of building sustainable cultures that promote operational excellence, inclusiveness, diversity, and equity.
WHAT WE DO
Founded in 1996, DeYoung Consulting Services, LLC is a Minnesota-based organizational development, training, and performance improvement firm that serves nonprofit, public, and educational, institutions. Our mission is to untangle and make sense of interconnected, complex issues to navigate change, build capacity, and improve organizational and community outcomes
Certified as a small business enterprise, a woman-owned business enterprise, and a minority-owned business enterprise, DeYoung Consulting Services has many years of experience in organizational assessments, strategic planning, facilitation, and community engagement.
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
With 25 years of experience in the public and nonprofit sectors, DeYoung Consulting Services helps its clients think beyond traditional, mainstream models of leadership and partnership, a move that allows leaders from all levels of an organization to participate fully and influence internal and external organizational practices. Our team includes seasoned professionals from diverse backgrounds with a passion for collaboration, workplace excellence and inclusion.
Collaborate with project team members to research and understand client objectives, build trust and rapport with clients, conduct baseline operational and cultural equity assessments, review and summarize findings, test assumptions, develop and present recommendations, and participate in follow-up work to help the client achieve its goals. Openly share and discuss project status, ideas, concerns, alternatives, pros and cons, and other considerations. Act in alignment with DeYoung Consulting Services’ Organizational Values.
- Plan and co-facilitate change management projects from project initiation to implementation.
- Plan and co-facilitate client meetings throughout multiple project phases including meeting preparation and development of agendas, presentations, interview scripts, summaries, or other materials.
- Collaborate with client and project team members to review and document project objectives, scope, deliverables, resource needs, and timing.
- Lead and participate in conducting, documenting, and summarizing baseline assessments of working conditions and employee experiences using tools such as documentation and process review, employee surveys, individual or group interviews, focus groups, and other methods.
- Analyze, organize and compile findings by subject and theme; summarize, develop for presentation, and present findings using a concise and professional format.
- Openly discuss perceptions or concerns about organizational dynamics that may impact project outcomes such as educational needs, conflicts, behaviors of leaders and influencers, power systems, potential roadblocks, barriers to change, and other factors; work with the team to develop constructive communication and change strategies.
- Research and apply knowledge of organizational development, change leadership, and diversity/inclusion principles and best practices to develop and recommend strategies to help the client advance toward its objectives.
- Present findings, alternative solutions, and recommendations while demonstrating respect for the current state and sensitivity for all individuals involved.
- Develop and deliver educational content consistent with helping the client move toward and achieve its objectives.
- Act in alignment with and promote DeYoung Consulting Services’ organizational values.
- Represent DeYoung Consulting Services positively and professionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, human resources, organizational development, sociology, psychology, leadership, or related fields with comparable work experience.
- Three years of internal or external consulting experience in:
- Organizational change strategy, planning, and implementation initiatives.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies, concepts
- Meeting facilitation, data and metrics, communications, leadership, and training
- Other experience:
- Working with and interacting comfortably and competently with people from diverse racial, social, economic, educational, and religious backgrounds.
- Working on multiple projects and balancing priorities with a focus on delivering high-quality and timely results.
- Applying interpersonal communication skills to collaborate with others, lead teams, and constructively navigate high-pressure situations.
- Using written, oral, and presentation communication forms to effectively communicate complex and/or difficult topics to others.
- Familiar with or experienced using common pc applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing such as Zoom, and OneDrive.
- Advanced Degree in related fields
- Five years of internal or external consulting experience leading organizational change strategy, planning, and implementation initiatives.
- Certification in an approved methodology for change management or design.
- Experience working in higher education, K-12 education, philanthropy, trade associations, national organizations or international organizations.
This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the role. It is not intended to provide all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
You will be joining a professional team of respected, competent, and highly engaging leaders whose goal is to provide organizations with the insights they need to impact the systems, communities, and environments in which they work. You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself; we do not micromanage. We are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and references to Amy Snetting at email@example.com using the subject line: DYCS Organizational Development Consultant Resume
Only candidates who fit our hiring criteria will be contacted for an in-person interview.
CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY BEFORE THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2023.